What is Apeda ?
Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985 has established Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) in 1985 through an act for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products. It provides financial assistance, information, guidelines towards the development of scheduled products.
The application for registration shall be made within a month from the date of undertaking of such export unless the time limit for aforesaid registration is extended by the Authority for sufficient cause.
Benefits Of Apeda
1. APEDA is a mandatory registration by the exporters of scheduled products.
2. The registered members are provided with financial assistance under the schemes of APEDA for the purpose of brand publicity through advertisement, packaging and development, and consultation.
3. APEDA has taken several initiatives for promoting the export of various commodities.
4. APEDA helps the Foreign Trade dealers in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc
5. Provides guidelines to exporters about the various products and countries for Foreign Trade.
6. Registered members can participate in training programmes organized by APEDA for various scheduled products in various aspects of the industries and thereby improve their business.